In this activity you will visualize the slope-intercept equation of a line.
y = mx + b (where m is the slope and b is the y-intercept).
1) Identify the slope and the y-intercept of the blue line.
2) Write the equation of this blue line.
3) Move the red slider to create new lines with different slopes.
4) Move the green slider to create new lines that have various y-intercepts.
5) What type of lines have negative slopes? How do they look?
6) What type of lines have positive slopes?
7) What happens when the slope is zero?
8) What happens when the y-intercept is zero?
This Slope-Intercept Activity was created with GeoGebra by Doina Popovici.